Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My memory: the past in six movements

"August 31, 1983
I am changing. I have been changing since I first began a diary eight months ago. Even before then I was changing. I have just been too childish and young to notice. And now I am growing up. Suddenly I'm finding out all about myself. Never before have I tried to figure myself out. I've always covered my emotions and feelings by thinking of other things. There is still more to come. More for me to discover. I search myself. I want to discover more. Thinking is just thinking. As I write I discover..."

I was eleven when I wrote this, with my twelfth birthday two months away. I was just coming to the realisation that by writing, by keeping a diary, I was starting on a journey of self-exploration...Read more here

No comments: